Who are the Ghostriders ?
Who Are We?
A. We are just a group of cycling friends who like to share our mutual love of cycling. . We meet weekly to ride the Warburton Trail as well as participate in a host of other special cycling activities throughout the year.
We also complete longer weekend and overnight rides at regular times during
the year and also organise regular overseas cycling and adventure trips.
If you wish to ride with
us you must satisfy the following requirements:
- You need to be able to
ride a bicycle.
- You must have a good sense
of humour and enjoy a little light hearted mischief.
- You need to have a strong desire
to improve your physical fitness while having fun.
- You must like making new
- You must not take yourself too seriously.
- You must want to lower
your stress by escaping from pressure for regular periods of time.
- You need to have some
spare time available you can spare each week for personal improvement (the more the better)
- You need to have desire to steadily improve your riding standard.
- You do not have to be
a "leg shaver" but we will still accept you if you are.
- It also helps to have
a cast iron bum, although the pain does get less with practise.
If you would like to join us on a ride you must satisfy
the following requirements:
We are NOT a formally constituted or incorporated
cycling club. We make NO financial demands of our riding mates. There is NO
joining fee or annual subscription fee. Organisers of rides take no responsibility
for any injury or damage that may be incurred on any ride. We have no form of rider insurance, all riders are encouraged to take out their own insurance by joining a cycling organisation such was Bicycle Network Victoria. We are simply a group
of friends that enjoy our bikes and enjoy the social and health benefits that
flow on from these activities.
Any adult riders are welcome to ride with us on our
rides, providing they accept full responsibility for their own wellbeing and
safety. Our rides all take place either on public bike paths or public roads and all riders are therefore expected to abide by all road rules. We do not have any provision for children on our rides. We do not have a designated "ride leader" and expect anyone who chooses to share the road or trail with us to do so in a spirit of harmony and good will.
Upcoming Rides & Activities (or see full 2014 calendar HERE)
- Sat March 1st - Ladies Ride - start in Pakenham at 9 am
- Sun March 2nd - Yarra Junction to Noojee Road Ride - start at Yarra Junction at 9 am
- Tues March 4th - Summer Night Ride - begin at Chesterfield Farm at 8 pm
- Thurs March 6th - Warby Trail Breakfast Ride - start at Wandin at 7.30 am (NOTE TIME CHANGE)
- Tues March 11th - Summer Night Ride - begin at Chesterfield Farm at 8 pm
- Thurs March 13th - Alternate Thursday Ride - Start at Jells Park at 10 am
- Sat March 15th - Ladies Ride - start in Pakenham at 9 am
- Sat March 15th - High Country Rail Trail - Yea to Alexandria - start at Yea at 10 am
- Tues March 18th - Summer Night Ride - begin at Chesterfield Farm at 8 pm
- Thurs March 20th - Warby Trail Breakfast Ride - start at Wandin at 7.30 am (NOTE TIME CHANGE)
- Tues March 25th - Summer Night Ride - begin at Chesterfield Farm at 8 pm
- Thurs March 27th - Alternate Thursday Ride - start at Marie Wallace Park in Bayswater at 10am
- Sat March 29th - Ladies Ride - start in Pakenham at 9 am
- Sun March 30th - O'Shannasay Aqueduct Trail - start at Launching Place at 10 am
Please note that ride stories are now published in the FREE weekly newsletter - why not subscribe now ?
For all previous weekday ride stories click HERE
Lots of other weekend stories can be found HERE
Previous Overseas Adventure Challenges
Click HERE for 2006 China Ride
Click HERE for 2007 China Ride
Click HERE for 2008 China Ride
Click HERE for our 2009 Himalayan Challenge and pictures
Click HERE for the 2009 Danube Ride Story
Click HERE for some pictures of the 2010 South America Challenge
2011 Ulm to Vienna Ride - see the video on YouTube
2011 Prague to Dresden - video available soon
Click HERE for the 2012 Under African Skies Story
2012 Under African Skies - African Safari (completed)
2012 "Turkish Delights" Adventure (completed)
2012 "Greek Odyssey" Adventure (completed)
2013 French Revolutions - Cycling Trip (completed)
2013 Bhutan - Land of the Thunder Dragon -completed
2013 Thailand - Burma Railway Cycle - completed
2014 New Zealand South Island Explorer - applications closed
Spectacular 10 day ride along the Otago Rail Trail and other parts of the South Island of New Zealand.
2014 Scandinavian Cycle - applications closed
This trip is currently under development. It is planned to cycle through Sweden and Finland, with approx 8 days in each. This will be followed by an optional extension in the UK. You can register your interest now if you would like to be kept informed.
2014 Adriatic Adventure - applications now open
This ride will take place in September 2014 and will start in Florence. We will ride through to Venice for 3 nights sightseeing before continuing around the Adriatic Coast to Porec in Croatia. That's where the cycling will finish before we transfer to Dubrovnik where we will spend three nights to see the local sights. Applications for this trip are now open.
Did you know that we also have an e-mail mailing list? If you would like to be informed/reminded of future cycling events by e-mail just drop a request to me at the following address email@example.com